“A friendship founded on business is a good deal better than a business founded on friendship.”
- John D. Rockefeller
Executive Planing For Sophisticated Needs
The needs of high level executives can be very robust and comprehensive. For the successful executive, it may be difficult to find the time or the proper professional resources needed in order to navigate complicated executive compensation plans, stock options and the tax implications that are paramount to providing you and your family the financial security you have worked hard to attain.
In our experience, we find that business executives typically face two key challenges. The first is that their financial lives are often tremendously complex, with assets secured in a variety of investments from significant real estate holdings to large amounts of unexercised stock options. The second: Executives who spend lots of time keeping a company running, for a variety of reasons, find it difficult to find the time needed in order to properly manage their personal balance sheets and finances. We typically find that the executives we work with make plenty of money, but they’re all overwhelmed and busy, because they spend the majority of their time staying current and up to date in their position and industry. Many simply do not have the time needed in order to be an expert in handling their own finances.
At Elysien Private Wealth we act as our client’s family CFO. We help assist our clients with determining the correct course of action for the following executive concerns.
- How to protect your stock options against concentrated equity positions
- What tax strategy is right for you when exercising stock options
- How to incorporate collaring and prepaid forward strategies to properly hedge your sock positions
- Utilizing a Net Unrealized Appreciation strategy in order to mitigate the taxation of stock in your 401(k)
- Profiling an asset allocation strategy for your company retirement plan
- Incorporating trusts and estate planning needs with your current corporate benefit programs
- Providing access to exchange funds in order to hedge concentrated stock positions
- Designing a proper retirement strategy, as well as outlining and monitoring retirement income needs
- Setting up and managing the proper trusts for you and your family’s needs
- Managing and properly holding real estate assets